Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Splurging
When most young moms think of splurging, they probably think of massages, new clothes and luxury vacations. But I love to splurge on food at the grocery store. Especially produce. Pomegranates are in the stores right now. They aren't very cheap, compared to other fruits, but where else can I buy a sack of rubies for two dollars and fifty cents? Edible rubies, at that! It takes forever to separate out all of those arils, but it's well worth it to me when I see my two little girls poking them down. Fresh produce has a way of taking me away to the place it's been grown. It's an out-of-body experience that can not be attained from canned or packaged food. Sort of a mini vacation in my mouth. The other day a friend asked, "Do you think a pomegranate was the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden?" Hmm...good question.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment